If you're ready to come on board one of the fastest moving Fashion Companies in the country (and soon…the World!) then you need to take a look at this video and job description. Perhaps a full, creative life and career await you at - Nordstrom.
Nordstrom is a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
A day in the life…
As a Visual Stylist intern, you’ll play a dual role — part dedicated student, part visual expert. In this 8-9 week internship, you’ll…
* Learn the art and business of visual styling through hands-on experience building store visual displays and window presentations, and the rest of your time learning business and management skills in a variety of settings
* Hone your production skills by installing and removing presentations, including propping, mannequins and lighting
Share your knowledge and excitement about fashion by creating promotional displays that show off our latest merchandise for in-store events as well as individual departments
* Develop your eye for detail regarding design, composition, merchandising and quality
* Be a productive member of your team by educating departments on styling tables, back walls and merchandising
* Ensure compliance of corporate signage programs and proper safety guidelines
* Earn a competitive wage and fabulous employee discount
* Plan and implement all store campaigns and activities together with the store team
* Train, coach and give daily feedback on garment presentation to the store staff
Help the store make a great first impression on our customers every day
You own this if you…
* Are graduating from college in 2016 or 2017
* Have experience in merchandising and visual styling
* Are all about setting and meeting goals
* Consider ladders and power tools as part of your normal day
* Build great relationships through stellar communication and follow-through
* Thrive in a fast-paced environment thanks to your ace organizational skills and ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures
* Are able to work independently while still working within a team environment
* Have flexibility to work additional and/or different hours based on changing needs of the business – including additional training and intern meetings
We’ve got you covered…
* We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan and much more.
* We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. No visa sponsorship is available. Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Job: Full Line Store
Date Posted: 01/08/2016, 3:03:01 PM
Location: United States-New York-White Plains
Happy styling xx The A-List